Magic Mushrooms

THE RISKS
  • The risks

  • Impurities

  • Getting hooked

What are the risks of magic mushrooms?

There are many different types of mushroom in the UK and some, like the fly agaric, are so poisonous that they can kill you. That means the biggest danger to your health when taking magic mushrooms is eating a poisonous mushroom by mistake. If you have eaten poisonous mushrooms you’ll soon know it. If this happens to you or a friend it’s really important to get medical help as soon as possible. If you do have to go to hospital, it’s helpful to take an example of the mushroom that’s been eaten, so the doctors can identify it.

Here’s what else magic mushrooms could do to you:

  • They could give you a bad trip. These are seriously frightening and unsettling. And you can't tell whether you're going to have a bad trip or a good trip until it’s too late.
  • You can get flashbacks some time after taking magic mushrooms.
  • Your perception of your body and the world around you can be distorted, which means you may be at risk because you’re not in complete control of what you're doing.
  • If you have any mental health issues, magic mushrooms can make them worse.

No information

Can you get addicted to ’magic mushrooms’?

Magic mushrooms are not addictive, but like with LSD you can become tolerant of the effects quite quickly – and that means you’ll need to take more to get the same effect as before.

top